Museum of Gaming History
   An Educational Project of The Casino Collectibles Association, Inc.
   An IRS approved 501 (c) (3) Tax Exempt Not-For-Profit Organization
ChipGuide
ChipGuide - A Catalog of Casino Chips and Collectibles
ITEM VIEW: CG045102
424 East Weber Avenue
Stockton, California
Type: Card Room
Status: Closed
Open: 1920, Close: 1977

Bar, pool hall, and licensed card room first owned by Grant L. Ziegler (and partners) from the 1920s to the 1940s. Ziegler was shot in 1920 during a dice game dispute (see "Archive"). Owned by A. E. Kelliher beginning in 1946, and later by Joseph Benincasa, with partners, in the 1960s and 1970s.

First located at 29 South Sutter Street, it later moved to 424 East Weber Avenue. Originally called "Ziegler's Billiard Parlor", and later called "Ziegler's Rendezvous" and finally just "Ziegler's".

The "Matty" chips were originally used at "Matty's Tropics' in Las Vegas, and were later sold to Ziegler's, which ordered more of the chips in 1961.

Advertisement from 2/29/1940 (Oakdale Leader).

Table Chips [QuickView]
CG045102 Obsolete
Denom: $20
Added: 2011-09-27
Last Update: 2019-10-07
Color: Black
Inserts: 3 Yellow
Mold: H&C (LCV)
Inlay: HS-Gold
Contributed by: Barry "barrychip" Weintraub

CG Catalog#  

Message: Item found
 
© Copyright 2009-2024. All rights reserved. Contact: TheMOGH